Intro to Computer Science – Web Design
Intro to CS – Web Design is the second (one trimester) of a three-part Intro to Computer
Science course sequence. Intro to CS – Web Design will focus on basic website design,
including basic HTML, CSS, and image editing for the web; and a brief introduction to
What We Know
This is what we know about HTML and CSS to date...
- HTML stands for ...
- uses TAGS like
<p> </p>, ...
<img src="image file" width="#" height="#" />
- Elements can be identified for CSS using IDs and Classes (e.g.
- Sections of HTML elements can be kept together by enclosing them in
- CSS stands for ...
- A CSS file is linked to the HTML document with a ... tag.
- Styling can be in a CSS file or embedded in the HTML file.
- Uses IDs and Classes to identify HTML elements (e.g.
color: color name or code– sets text color
background-color: color name or code– sets background color
font-family: ...– sets font face
<div>s can be styled together.